Online registration is now closed.
Certified Turf Installer-Landscape (CTI-L) Course
The new STC Certified Turf Installer - Landscape Program (CTI-L) was developed to help promote industry-recognized best practices for the profession of landscape synthetic turf installation.
This two-year certification is a great opportunity for STC individual members and non-members who are presently installing landscape synthetic turf to be recognized for meeting course requirements.
The STC will offer the Certified Turf Installer-Landscape (CTI-L) Course and Exam on Monday, October 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at The Westin Riverwalk San Antonio. Participants will attend a one-day classroom based course and take a 20-question exam. All participants must complete an Application for Certification and meet the minimum eligibility criteria and installation experience in order to be eligible for certification.
The CTI-L course and exam will precede the 2019 STC Annual Membership Meeting on October 21-23, 2019 at The Westin Riverwalk San Antonio.
- Design and planning
- Ground preparation
- Infill installation
- Borders and edging installation
- Weed barrier installation
- Base materials installation
- Turf installation—rolling, cutting, seaming, shaping, and securing
- Maintenance and repairs
How to Apply
Steps to Become STC CTI-L
- Register for the STC Certified Turf Installer-Landscape (CTI-L) course (click on green REGISTER button at the top of page);
- Submit payment for the course. The course fee is $550 per person for STC Members, and $965 per person for Non-STC Members. In order to receive the $550 member rate for your course registration, you must be an STC Full Member in good standing;
- If your company is not an STC member and you would like to join today to receive the $550 course fee rate, simply complete the online membership application, here
- Your first-year of STC membership dues are due with your membership application
- Receive a passing grade of 80% or higher on the Certified Turf Installer–Landscape exam;
- Complete an Application for Certification and meet the minimum eligibility criteria and installation experience;
- Agree to abide by the STC Code of Ethics and have an acceptable business performance record; and
- Be willing to voluntarily comply with all provisions of the Certification, including continuing education.
Download (PDF): STC Certified Turf Installer for Landscape (CTI-L) Application Package
The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
420 W. Market Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
Call the hotel directly to make a reservation: 1-888-627-8396
The special STC room rate is $219.00 USD per night (plus taxes and fees) at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio. STC guests receive complimentary guest room and meeting space internet (standard access) and 10% discount on spa services.
The hotel cut-off date is Wednesday, September 25, 2019. After this date, rooms are on a 'space available' basis at the STC rate. If you have questions about the room rate and availability, please contact Melanie Taylor, STC Associate Director, at 443-640-1067 x142 or email@example.com.
Register Here to Attend the 2019 STC Annual Membership Meeting
Separate registration required.
The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio is located 9.6 miles or 20 minutes from the San Antonio Airport (SAT).
Average taxi rate for 11-15 miles from the airport is $25 to $29 USD. Ride Share pick-up is located in the Terminal B - Curbside Lower Level.
Things To Do in San Antonio
What’s old is new again in San Antonio. A city rich in history and booming with modern attractions, San Antonio invites visitors to be inspired, be curious and be hungry. Walk, bike, hike and play through our spectacular parks, gardens and outdoor spaces. Experience the city’s historical significance through tours, festivals and seasonal events. Shop, drink and dine at local favorites across our diverse neighborhoods. San Antonio has it all. And, we’re ready to host you. Build your plan for things to do in San Antonio and get inspired to check boxes you didn’t know existed. Source: https://www.visitsanantonio.com/things-to-do/
Photo Credit: http://www.visitsanantonio.com