Monday, October 19, 2020
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Map this event »
Omni Shoreham Hotel
2500 Calvert Street, NW
Washington, District of Columbia 20008
Synthetic Turf Council
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Certified Turf Installer-Landscape (CTI-L) Course
The new STC Certified Turf Installer - Landscape Program (CTI-L) was developed to help promote industry-recognized best practices for the profession of landscape synthetic turf installation.
This two-year certification is a great opportunity for STC individual members and non-members who are presently installing landscape synthetic turf to be recognized for meeting course requirements.
The STC will offer the Certified Turf Installer-Landscape (CTI-L) Course and Exam on Monday, October 19 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Omni Shoreham Hotel. Participants will attend a one-day, certification based course and take a 20-question exam. All participants must complete an Application for Certification and meet the minimum eligibility criteria and installation experience in order to attend and be eligible for certification. The CTI-L course and exam will precede the 2019 STC Annual Membership Meeting on October 19-21, 2020 at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C.
- Design and planning
- Ground preparation
- Infill installation
- Borders and edging installation
- Weed barrier installation
- Base materials installation
- Turf installation—rolling, cutting, seaming, shaping, and securing
- Maintenance and repairs
How to Apply
Steps to Become STC CTI-L
- Register for the STC Certified Turf Installer-Landscape (CTI-L) course (click on green REGISTER button at the top of page);
- Submit payment for the course. The course fee is $550 per person for STC Members, and $965 per person for Non-STC Members. In order to receive the $550 member rate for your course registration, you must be an STC Full Member in good standing;
- If your company is not an STC member and you would like to join today to receive the $550 course fee rate, simply complete the online membership application, here
- Your first-year of STC membership dues are due with your membership application
- Complete an Application for Certification and meet the minimum eligibility criteria and installation experience;
- Receive a passing grade of 80% or higher on the Certified Turf Installer–Landscape exam;
- Agree to abide by the STC Code of Ethics and have an acceptable business performance record; and
- Be willing to voluntarily comply with all provisions of the Certification, including continuing education.
Download (PDF): STC Certified Turf Installer for Landscape (CTI-L) Application Package
Hotel and Travel Information
Omni Shoreham Hotel
2500 Calvert Street NW
Washington D.C. 20008
The special STC room rate is $259.00 USD per night (plus taxes and fees) at the Omni Shoreham Hotel. If you have questions about the room rate and availability, please contact Melanie Taylor, STC Associate Director, at 443-640-1067 x142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Omni Shoreham Hotel is located 8 miles from Reagan National Airport, 28 miles from Dulles International Airport and 33 miles from Baltimore-Washington International Airport.