Monday, October 18, 2021
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Map this event »
Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
7000 N. Resort Drive
Tucson, Arizona 85750
Synthetic Turf Council
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Certified Turf Installer-Landscape (CTI-L) Course
Monday, October 18, 2021 - 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Eastern (In-Person)
The new STC Certified Turf Installer - Landscape Program (CTI-L) was developed to help promote industry-recognized best practices for the profession of landscape synthetic turf installation.
This two-year certification is a great opportunity for STC individual members and non-members who are presently installing landscape synthetic turf to be recognized for meeting course requirements.
The STC will offer the Certified Turf Installer-Landscape (CTI-L) Course and Exam on Monday, October 18, 2021. Participants will attend a one-day, certification based course and take a 20-question exam. All participants
must complete an Application for Certification and meet the minimum eligibility criteria and installation experience in order to attend and be eligible for certification.
- Design and planning
- Ground preparation
- Infill installation
- Borders and edging installation
- Weed barrier installation
- Base materials installation
- Turf installation—rolling, cutting, seaming, shaping, and securing
- Maintenance and repairs
How to Apply
Steps to Become STC CTI-L
- Register for the STC Certified Turf Installer-Landscape (CTI-L) course (click on green REGISTER button at the top of page);
- Submit payment for the course. The course fee is $550 per person for STC Members, and $965 per person for Non-STC Members. In order to receive the $550 member rate for your course registration, you must
be an STC Full Member in good standing;
- If your company is not an STC member and you would like to join today to receive the $550 course fee rate, simply complete the online membership application, here
- Your first-year of STC membership dues are due with your membership application
- Complete an Application for Certification and meet the minimum eligibility criteria and installation experience;
- Receive a passing grade of 80% or higher on the Certified Turf Installer–Landscape exam;
- Agree to abide by the STC Code of Ethics and have an acceptable business performance record; and
- Be willing to voluntarily comply with all provisions of the Certification, including continuing education.
Download (PDF): STC Certified Turf Installer for Landscape (CTI-L) Application Package