Certified Turf Installer-Landscape (CTI-L) Course
The new STC Certified Turf Installer - Landscape Program (CTI-L) was developed to help promote industry-recognized best practices for the profession of landscape synthetic turf installation.
This two-year certification is a great opportunity for STC individual members and non-members who are presently installing landscape synthetic turf to be recognized for meeting course requirements.
The STC will offer the Certified Turf Installer-Landscape (CTI-L) Course and Exam on Monday, October 18 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort. Participants will attend a one-day certification based course and take a 20-question exam. All participants must complete an Application for Certification and meet the minimum eligibility criteria and installation experience in order to attend and be eligible for certification. The CTI-L course and exam will precede the 2019 STC Annual Membership Meeting on October 18-20, 2021 at the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort.
- Design and planning
- Ground preparation
- Infill installation
- Borders and edging installation
- Weed barrier installation
- Base materials installation
- Turf installation—rolling, cutting, seaming, shaping, and securing
- Maintenance and repairs
How to Apply
Steps to Become STC CTI-L
- Register for the STC Certified Turf Installer-Landscape (CTI-L) course (click on green REGISTER button at the top of page);
- Submit payment for the course. The course fee is $550 per person for STC Members, and $965 per person for Non-STC Members. In order to receive the $550 member rate for your course registration, you must be an STC Full Member in good standing;
- If your company is not an STC member and you would like to join today to receive the $550 course fee rate, simply complete the online membership application, here
- Your first-year of STC membership dues are due with your membership application
- Receive a passing grade of 80% or higher on the Certified Turf Installer–Landscape exam;
- Complete an Application for Certification and meet the minimum eligibility criteria and installation experience;
- Agree to abide by the STC Code of Ethics and have an acceptable business performance record; and
- Be willing to voluntarily comply with all provisions of the Certification, including continuing education.
Download (PDF): STC Certified Turf Installer for Landscape (CTI-L) Application Package
Hotel and Travel Information
Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
7000 N. Resort Drive
Tucson, AZ 85750
The special STC room rate is $225.00 USD per night (plus resort charge of $29, taxes and fees) at the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort. Registered STC guests receive complimentary guest room and meeting space internet access.
If you have questions about the room rate and availability, please contact Melanie Taylor, STC Associate Director, at 443-640-1067 x142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arriving passengers who have requested a ride through the Lyft or Uber app can meet their driver and car at the curbside outside the Rental Car Center, which is a short walk east from Baggage Claim Carousel 7. Follow the signs in the terminal for ‘App Rides.’ Lyft and Uber are currently the only rideshare services operating from Tucson International Airport. To reach the cab stand, exit Baggage Claim on the lower level and cross the first roadway. Taxis should be to your left at the second roadway.