STC Cancels 2020 Spring Meeting & CTI-L Course in Irvine, CA
Due to the evolving concerns around the COVID-19 virus, and in accordance with health guidance from the CDC, WHO, and the state of California, the Synthetic Turf Council (STC) has decided to cancel the 2020 Spring Meeting in Irvine, CA this week. The health and safety of our members is our top priority and we will continue to monitor the situation as it develops.
For those who registered and paid in advance for the Spring Meeting and/or CTI-L Course in Irvine, the STC will issue you a full refund in your original method of payment within 3-5 business days (i.e. if you originally paid with check, then you will receive a check as a refund. If you paid by credit card, your refund will be credited to the original card that you used for your registration.).
For those who made a hotel reservation at the Hilton Irvine Orange County under the STC room block, the hotel has canceled the entire group so that none of our attendees receive cancellation fees. If you booked a room outside of the STC room block and/or through a third-party booking service, you will need to call Hilton Honors about the cancellation policy as neither the STC nor Hilton Irvine have the authorization to cancel your outside reservation.
If you have questions about airline fee waivers, available refunds, reduced flights and schedule changes, please contact your airline directly or visit their website for information.
We will confirm the new dates for the 2021 STC Spring Meeting at the Hilton Irvine Orange County Airport as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing you at the 2020 STC Annual Membership Meeting on October 19-21, 2020 at the Omni Shoreham in Washington D.C. The meeting will feature the STC Exhibitor Showcase, Awards Ceremony, and Day on Capitol Hill.
For additional questions, please contact Melanie Taylor, STC Associate Director, email@example.com.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is closely monitor the current outbreak of COVID-19 virus and is actively working to ensure that the most up-to-date CDC guidance is quickly and accurately disseminated to local partners.
The current recommended precautions to avoid exposure to the virus are the same precautions you would take to avoid the flu. To keep everyone safe:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (must contain at least 60% alcohol to be effective).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick (applies to office staff) and do not return to work until you have been fever-free without the use of fever reducing medication for at least 24 hours.
- Cover your coughs or sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash; if tissues aren’t available, cough or sneeze into the inside of your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19, but there is a vaccine for seasonal influenza, which is recommended for all persons over the age of 6 months.
The Synthetic Turf Council is monitoring CDC and WHO announcements and will send out new information as it becomes available.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Maria Donovan, Director of Membership - email@example.com - 443-640-1067 ext. 1137 or Melanie Taylor, Associate Director - firstname.lastname@example.org - 443-640-1067 ext.1142.
By your registration, you acknowledge your agreement with the STC Meetings Policies listed here.