The STC Sustainability Award recognizes an STC member company who consistently, and through innovation, utilizes sustainable materials and processes that work to minimize any negative impact on the natural environment.
Any STC member company in good standing may nominate themselves for the STC Sustainability Award.
- Self-Nomination: Yes
- Who Judges Award: STC panel
- Who is Eligible: Any STC member company in good standing with one year of membership
- Fee to Apply: $50
- Any STC member company in good standing with at least one year of membership is eligible.
- The sustainability initiative being submitted must have been introduced to the industry within the previous calendar year.
(Each criterion is worth 25 points, for a maximum score of 100 points.)
- An explanation of the sustainability initiative, including reference to any recycling, reuse, or repurposing efforts
- A description of how the industry approached this need prior to the initiative, and how this initiative improved upon sustainability in general
- A list of patents, certifications, press coverage, or other external recognition or acknowledgement of the initiative
- Evidence showing the impact of the initiative and how it will advance the industry as a whole (statistics, studies, customer testimonials, etc.)